25 things you should stop by Maria Ude Nwachi
Maria wrote this on her Facebook wall and I believe it is one of the posts that you shouldn't miss. Here are the 25 things she said we should stop.
1. Stop moaning & brooding over a failure. – Say after me; Mirror, mirror on the wall, I'll always get up and after I fall. Whether I run, walk, or have to crawl, I'll set my goals and achieve them all.
2. Stop lying all the time even when not necessary. – In the long-run the truth always reveals itself. Either you own up to your actions or your actions will ultimately own you.
3. Stop meaning what you don’t say. – People can’t read minds. Communicate regularly, clearly and effectively.
4. Stop making it all about you. – The world revolves around the sun, not you. Take a moment to acknowledge this truth on a regular basis.
5. Stop being hard on yourself. – Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
6. Stop blaming. – Blaming others accomplishes nothing. Either you own your problems, or they will own you. Your choice. When you blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility – you give-up your power over that part of your life, and you annoy everyone around you in the process.
7. Stop doubting. – If you think that you can’t achieve something, I have some news for you, you’re probably right. But don’t let your self-doubt interfere with other people’s dreams. Remember, the one who says it can’t be done should never interrupt the one doing it.
8. Stop interrupting. – Correcting someone when they’re blatantly wrong is one thing, but always interjecting your opinions out of turn gets old fast.
9. Stop being selfish. – You get what you put into a relationship. Nothing less, nothing more.
10. Stop judging. – Everyone is fighting their own unique war. You have no clue what they are going through, just like they have no clue what you’re going through.
12. Stop gossiping. – Gossiping about others is a lose/lose situation. It hurts them, and then it hurts your reputation. It's better to have your nose in a book, than in someone else's business.
13. Stop making promises you can’t keep. – Don’t over - promise. Over-deliver on everything you do. If there is a legitimate reason you could not deliver your promise on time, please, do humbly explain the situation to the affected person/s. Then make sure you deliver as soon as possible.
14. Stop being defensive. – Just because someone sees something differently than you doesn’t mean either one of you is wrong. Keep an open mind. Open minds discover great things.
15. Stop comparing people to others. – No two people are alike. Everyone has their own strengths. We are only competing against our own selves.
16. Stop expecting people to be perfect. – ‘Perfect’ is the enemy of ‘good.’ And genuine ‘goodness’ is hard to find in this world. Don’t overlook it.
18. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. – It’s impossible. But making one person smile can change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world. So narrow your focus.
19. Stop playing people over just because you can get away with it. – Just because you can get away with something doesn’t mean you should do it. Think bigger. Do what you know in your heart is right.
20. Stop making mountains out of molehills. – People make mistakes. Crap happens. There’s no reason to stress out yourself and everyone around you because of it. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.
21. Stop being dramatic. – Stay out of other people’s drama and don’t needlessly create your own.
22. Stop giving too much advice, and just listen. – Less advice is often the best advice. People don’t need lots of advice, they need a listening ear and some positive reinforcement. What they want to know is already somewhere inside of them. They just need time to think, be and breathe, and continue to explore the undirected journeys that will eventually help them find their direction.
23. Stop expecting something from those you help. – Help because it is the right thing to do, not because you might need their help one day. Or because you want something from them. If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business and not kindness.
23. Stop complaining. – Instead, use your time and energy to do something about it.
24. Stop holding grudges. – Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.
25. Stop looking down on anyone. – Uwaa bu paw-paw.
Maria Ude Nwachi - Nwanyi Afikpo.
BCEL - Best Chic Ever Liveth - Afikpo Chic